The owner has several alternatives to cover their backs when taking their floor to the market and avoiding scares because renting is easier. Only a few premises are needed:
- Find the ideal tenant: The remedy to avoid headaches is to select the most appropriate tenant. It seems obvious. Find a tenant who takes care of the house as if it were his, who is punctual with the payments and respectful to the community members in which he lives. It is not an impossible mission.
- Adjust the price: If this is not the first time, you will know about the price fluctuations. However, if this is the first time that you rent an apartment, it will happen that for different reasons, you are emotionally bound, and that will prevent you from seeing the matter. Before putting the condo for rent, make a firm decision. When you are sure to rent, and it is time to decide the property’s price, it is crucial to conduct a market study. Compare data from similar rentals. For this, you can use a startup called Third B that collects all the properties; you can consult data from the cadastre, the Ministry of Finance, sales, and rental data, with a history of the price evolution and information on all services in the property.
- Complies with the regulations: There is a precise regulation of urban leases in terms of the periods of mandatory fulfillment of the contract and the terms for the tenant to pay the rent. Do not try to filter abusive clauses because it would not be the first time that a judge gives the reason to the tenant. We highlight the variations the law has had in recent years.
- Better to talk face to face: A rental agreement is not the same as a mortgage but establishes a tenant-owner relationship that lasts several years. You have the mission to offer the impression that you are willing to meet and speak in person with the tenant interested in your home, which will establish a relationship of trust.
- Consult a legal professional: At this point, it is essential to have the advice of a professional who knows the law well and can defend both parties’ interests. It will help you understand what procedures are necessary, how to rent a flat safely, and what steps to take to deliver keys. Before that, you must make one of the houses if it is not empty. Take photos of the appliances and everything that belongs to you, and you want to keep. In addition, this inventory must be signed by the owner and tenant.
- Ensure that the floor is in condition: The floor must be delivered in good condition, both cleanliness and habitability. Indeed, the law does not require to provide the apartment clean or all painted, but it is assumed that the owner is first interested in the tenant’s comfortable. Nor does the law require the owner to contract light and water supplies, but any facility will be welcome. Typically, in these cases, you only need to change ownership. But providing as much information as possible is good to feel part of the whole.
- Asks for guarantees: The law stipulates that a month’s deposit is required, but many owners ask for additional guarantees.
- Make improvements in the home: If the tenant has a disability or is older than 70 if he previously notified the landlord in writing and the works are necessary for the house to be used correctly and according to the disability or age over 70 years, perform adaptation works. However, if, as the owner, you want the house to be in the same condition once the contract is finished, you can demand it. Recording all the information in writing and requiring invoices is essential because they are carried out.