Digital Transformation helps a company keep pace with emerging demands of customers, retaining them for future business interactions. In addition, it allows organizations to remain competitive in an economic environment that constantly changes as technology evolves. To this end, digital transformation becomes necessary for any company since it is essential to know the customer and their behaviors.
Key technologies of transformation
Technology is key if you want to transform your business, so here are the most common technologies:
- Cloud Computing: Gives the organization faster access to software, new features, updates, and data storage allowing a company to be agile and transform.
- Information technology: This allows a company to focus on investing talent and money for research and development in customized solutions that support its requirements and the processes that differentiate them in the market.
- Mobile platforms: They allow work to be done wherever and whenever.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies: Provide organizations with knowledge to make more precise sales, marketing, and product development decisions.
Digital competencies for digital transformation
There is a series of competencies that are essential to achieve precise digital transformation. We do not need to employ all of them, but we must take them into account. For example, when you access a website, it must be easy to manage. However, there are endless competencies that we must know; for example, in the field of Human Resources, it is a challenge to find this type of profile:
- Digital Marketing
- User Xperience
- Data Science
- People Analytics
- Software Development
- Cloud & DevOps
- Near Client Teams
- Virtual Reality
Generations of clients
The way of communicating and buying is different according to age, so it is necessary to know the differences between these four current generations:
- Baby boomers: Those who were born between 1946 and 1964. This generation experienced the advent of the TV. They are thoughtful, organized, structured, and do not typically buy the newest generation of technology when it hits the market.
- Generation X: Those who were born between 1965 and 1979. They experienced and used the first computers. They are reflective but with a mentality that is more focused on achievements and goals.
- Millennials or Generation Y: Those who were born between 1980 and 1999. This generation is adept to new technologies. They were the first Facebook users and make decisions immediately, unlike the previous two generations that are more reflective.
- Generation Z: Born since 2000. This is the generation of immediacy to the point that new technologies often lose their attention since they are always trying new things.
The change in behavior between generations causes omnichannel since the relationship between companies and customers has changed radically because of the development of new technologies.
In this context arises the need to create new, personalized strategies to achieve user loyalty. In this sense, we must take into account the importance of the different communication channels. Therefore, we cannot forget about offline.
- We must use the offline to be at the service of online.
- It is a mistake to think that the physical store is obsolete.
- It is more alive than ever and also powered with the online.
For example, let us consider a butcher shop:
The first challenge is to look for tools for digitization:
- Marketing of offers and promotions
- Segmentation of your customers
- ATT Online
- Big data for customer purchase behavior
- SEO and SEM tool
- Advertising push
- Opinions of its customers, valuing the product and service.
- Customer forum
The second challenge is that the tool is economical:
The third challenge is that the tool is easy to use
In this case, the answer to the practical exercise is WhatsApp, and the plan of action of the butcher would be the following:
- Advertise and comment on your WhatsApp group to your clients.
- Take note of their numbers and their first and last names.
- Every morning, take a picture of the genre you brought.
- Publish your prices with the photo in the WhatsApp.
- Take note of orders.
- Pick up in-store or at home.
- Carry out offers campaigns on request.
- TouchPoint, each ticket enters a raffle.
- Generate quality content in the WhatsApp explaining the genre and types of cut.
- Encourage purchases by disclosing the amounts that remain.
- The loyalty of clients that all feel part of the group.
- Campaigns are directed to the clients since it knows what each one buys.
- Cross-Selling with customized products.
- Impact your customers by making offers if your products have not been sold.
- Sales have multiplied x10.
- The loyalty of new customers.
- Your customers can interact with the butcher shop from anywhere and place your order.
- More communication channels with your customers.
- It has the leads of the clients.
- You can contact your customers in real-time even if you are not in the store.
- Know the buying behavior of your customers individually.
- Now you have a home CRM.
- It has a module of recommendations.
- It has quality content for its customers.
- The customers themselves stimulate the purchases of others in the chats.
About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual bookkeeping, providing service to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks™️ file, critical financial documents, and back-office tools in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of certified US-based accounting professionals provide bookkeeping, record storage, performance reporting, and controller services including training, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, process and controls advisement, and bill-pay. With flat-rate service plans, Complete Controller is the most cost-effective expert accounting solution for business, family-office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.