A Double-dip recession is the second recession followed by the first one. The gap between the two recessions is called a short-lived recovery. It means that the economy couldn’t recover properly from the previous recession and faced another one. The causes of a double-dip recession could be a crisis in the financial system or pandemics. Businesses operating in a double-dip recession of an economy face various challenges with a lot of pressure due to fear of failures. Stress levels of entrepreneurs reach the sky due to heaps of workload.
As the world faces a pandemic due to Covid-19, preparing your business for any unforeseen double-dip recessions is essential. Many companies fail to survive in the second wave of recession during a double-dip recession. Here are a few survivals guidance tips for entrepreneurs to follow when facing a double-dip recession:
- Look for changes and opportunities: Find ways to gain your market share, try moving into new markets. Introduce new and different products to the market. And increase your targeted audience.
- Identify new trends and what the consumers want: Find out if the product you’re producing or selling is really what the consumers want to buy. If it’s not something the people want to buy, then consider introducing new trendy products in the market. Make further changes to your already existing products to attract customers and to increase your revenues.
- Change your pricing methods: You could switch to penetrative or competitive pricing methods if you’re using a price maximization method. The penetrative pricing method suggests you put lesser prices than your competitors. This method is suitable to increase your revenues, but it could mean that you might go into a loss due to low prices. Competitive pricing suggests you put the same prices as your competitors. It could also increase your revenues.
- Collaborate with business professionals: Ask your business allies such as your attorney, accountant, and suppliers to promote your business through their channels. In return, you can offer to promote their businesses through your own. You can also provide them with a commission to gain their trust.
- Increase and improve your marketing strategies: Social media is the easiest and cheapest way to increase your promotion. You can also perform surveys through social media. You can start a blog to promote your business and your products. Another way to promote your business is by making your employees the brand ambassadors of the company. The best way is to use LinkedIn for promotions.
- Find ways to improve your cash flows:
- Try to cut down as many costs as possible to get a positive cash flow
- Try to reduce your outflows and increase your inflows. If you’re looking for a loan, find the ones that ask for the least interest rates
- Improve your inventory
- Increase your prices and expand your market and try to send and receive invoices right away
- Reorganize your financial obligations: If you have multiple debts that you’re stuck on, refinancing is the best way out. Get a single loan or a credit line to pay off all the debts altogether. You can also opt for a business credit card which can become an interest-free debt if paid back on time. Many costs will be saved this way and can help you get stable.
To make sure that your business survives the challenging double-dip recession period without failing, you must follow these practices in your industry. The key to surviving this period is to find new efficient and cost-saving strategies and to execute them properly. The business owners face a tough time and must handle all sorts of problems, from operational to financial issues and how to cooperate with the staff. They need to focus on what will make the business go and how to cope with all other obstacles. At this challenging time, the owners should not lose hope and not get too stressed and instead take an intelligent approach. They should always be looking for new opportunities to survive the double-dip recession.About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual bookkeeping, providing service to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud platform where their QuickBooks™️ file, critical financial documents, and back-office tools are hosted in an efficient SSO environment. Complete Controller’s team of certified US-based accounting professionals provide bookkeeping, record storage, performance reporting, and controller services including training, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, process and controls advisement, and bill-pay. With flat-rate service plans, Complete Controller is the most cost-effective expert accounting solution for business, family-office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.