Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram seem not to explore other digital marketing alternatives today. It’s a shame because including other platforms, such as Pinterest, in your digital marketing strategy can offer you the same, or even more, features and advantages than the most popular ones.
Pinterest is an open book with millions of ideas that inspire users about various topics to give you an idea. These topics range from decoration and kitchen remodeling to gardening and fashion.
As with other social networks, being on Pinterest requires carefully studying your target audience’s characteristics, confirming their use, and guiding actions to impact them. The main objectives are achieving popularity, increasing web traffic, and increasing sales.
But is it possible to achieve them? Is it okay to invest time and resources on Pinterest? We are sure it is! We argue our position with these seven compelling reasons. When finished, surely you too will convince yourself of the effectiveness of being and being active on Pinterest.
The Figures Are Not Deceiving
We’ve come up with all the Pinterest usage data to convince you. Thus, there will be no doubt about the suitability of including Pinterest in your strategy.
- As of May 2019, there were 291 million active users on Pinterest.
- There are already more than 75 million pins or ideas on the platform.
- Every month, there are 2 billion searches on Pinterest.
- The lifespan of the pins is much longer, on average, than posts on other social networks. If they are valuable and attractive, your plugs can be repainted for weeks or even months.
- 97% of the results of these searches do not have a brand behind them.
- More than 10,000 brands promote their business on Pinterest.
- 30% of users have bought something online after searching for it on Pinterest.
All this can help you understand Pinterest’s impact on your business results.
However, it would help if you did not think it was easy. To successfully use Pinterest, you must design and implement strategies and actions specially designed for your brand.
Information is Categorized and Better Organized
The possibility of keeping all your pins organized in boards that remain fixed is one of the keys that contribute to extending the life of your publications. Over time and with practice, you will discover what types of boards are the most successful among your Pinterest audience. To give you an idea, these are the different options:
- Collaborative: The community highly values these types of boards. They are characterized by allowing many users to edit at the same time. They are ideal if you want to involve and bring the brand closer to your target audience.
- Map: These boards recommend brands belonging to the tourism sector, and their configuration is completed thanks to Foursquare. The idea is to be able to publish geolocated pins.
- Inbound traffic: Consists of publishing, on different boards, images from your website.
- External traffic: In this case, the board’s pins will redirect the user to an external site.
Improve the SEO Positioning of Your Website
Both pins and boards on Pinterest need to be named strategically. Thus, we will contribute to our website’s better positioning if we want to link it to the content. Some examples of names are “garden decoration” or “trips to Paris.” Putting a suggestive name on your boards will allow them to be more easily found by users. And, of course, it will optimize the positioning of your brand.
Ensured Traffic and Engagement
It’s as simple as including a link to every valuable post you make on Pinterest. If you like the image, you will get clicks. And, if you get more visits, your website sales will tend to grow. Remember that everything is part of a process that must be perfectly designed and meshed.
Among other techniques, we recommend the efficient use and optimization of keywords. Detect which ones work best and include them without hesitation on your boards and all your related pins.
But, if there is something that makes Pinterest unique, it is the simplicity of its interface. Its use becomes, for many users, addictive. It is possible to spend hours browsing, exploring, and repinning its contents.
Is Your Audience Millennial?
The average age of active Pinterest users is between 18 and 29 years old. Therefore, do not hesitate to be present if your target audience (or part of it) is millennials. As a bonus, 80% of Pinterest traffic comes from mobile devices.
The Power of Visuals
Like Instagram, the images are the center of everything on Pinterest. Your content may go viral if you hit the mark with inspiring and engaging pins.
Also, organizing all your visual content on boards (an option that Instagram has replicated, in a way, with the highlighted stories) multiplies its visual impact.
Intuitive Analytics Included
The analytics dashboard that Pinterest offers to all brand managers has many benefits. The first one, undoubtedly, is that it is tremendously easy to use. With this internal and free tool (which you can complement with other more advanced ones), you will be able to know even the last detail of your audience:
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, or country of residence.
- What kind of content do you like the most?
- Their primary interests are beyond your activity.
- What kind of devices have they used in their search?