A business seminar cannot be improvised! It aims to bring your employees together in an original working environment, to bring them together around a shared project to strengthen the culture and image of your company so that they feel involved in the company’s life. These seminar trips facilitate communication between managers and employees.
Team building activities can be organized during these corporate group trips to improve team spirit and enhance skills. Before you start organizing a business seminar abroad, it is essential to follow specific steps:
Define the objectives of your seminar
A business seminar abroad must be organized for a specific purpose: to achieve objectives set beforehand by the business manager. It is essential to ask yourself some questions before embarking on such an organization:
- Why organize a business seminar?
- What is the main objective of this trip?
- Who is participating in this seminar?
- What topics should be covered during this seminar?
Target the number of participants
You must determine the exact number of participants in your business seminar to determine the budget for the organization of this trip.
Determine the budget for your seminar
It would be best if you determined the organization of a seminar at a cost that is important to define in advance. This budget will allow the person in charge of your seminar abroad to estimate the types of services to consider during this trip. Refer to it by dividing the budget according to the importance of the services.
Set dates and duration for the seminar
Choose a departure date according to the availability of each participant. It is essential to analyze everyone’s professional agendas to set a date that will suit the entire group. The duration of your seminar will depend on the objectives you wish to achieve. The duration generally varies from 1 to 7 days.
Define the theme of your seminar abroad
The choice of theme for the seminar is essential. It should relate to the goals you have set and reflect the values of your business. The chosen theme will be decisive because it will punctuate your seminar from start to finish.
Choose the place
Choosing your place according to the type of trip you want to organize is necessary. Find a place that can accommodate all your participants while avoiding confined spaces. The choice of destination is an element that can play on the motivation and involvement of your employees.
Find the type of transport
Choose a variety of transport adapted to your group according to the destination you have determined. For example, suppose your business seminar takes place in Bilbao, Spain. In that case, you prefer to travel by plane from your departure city and ask the professional in charge of your seminar trip for a bus transfer to your hotel.
Find the type of accommodation
Choose hotels with meeting rooms during your trip. It will allow for a smoother organization on-site, and participants will have easy access to their rooms after meetings and conferences.
Find activities and entertainment suited to your group
The Keys to the Success of a Business Seminar Abroad
- Get out of your usual work environment! You organized this seminar to get closer to your team and take the opportunity to build relationships with your colleagues.
- Organize your schedule by alternating activities and working hours. Leave moments of relaxation to the participants so they can discuss with each other on this trip.
- Ensure your trip takes place in an atmosphere conducive to performance and relaxation.
- Learn about the successes and failures of previous seminars organized by your company and try to draw conclusions that will help you avoid making the same mistakes.