In most of the cases, small businesses begin their work using Excel. However, Excel is a practical choice, but up to certain limits. Therefore, organizations are required to evolve their software and grow. Excel is effective software and provides a large number of functions quickly. This ease is the main reason that in the world of business, Excel has great significance. However, whenever the application becomes sturdy, the spreadsheets created while no one using it. Therefore, most of the company is moving to accounting software for swift processing and working. Accounting software provides a large number of options for dealing with the financial information of an organization in the current age.
There are specific problems with excel for business accounting, discussed below:
- Most of the small businesses forget this aspect of excel. The use of excel is quite common, and almost every individual using it; therefore, its usage does not restrict up to only experts. Moreover, the number of excel users made false judgments concerning their expertise in excel.
- It is a lengthy process to create excel spreadsheets that fulfill all the financial needs of the organization. The setting of invoice tracking and expense report also takes time. The employee often gets stuck in the situation of consistent making changes in the information set on the spreadsheet.
- Excel requires appropriate plan and knowledge, prior beginning work on it. Moreover, there is no flexibility in excel for later configuration. The individual should know that which cell be working for which part clearly.
- It is quite easy to make changes in Excel spreadsheet without tracking the individual, who made changes. Therefore, it is not reliable. It can make a significant loss as well, for instance, if an employee replaces $1,00,00 with $10,000.
- While working with a large number of spreadsheets and data, excel often show performance issues. The system of excel becomes overload. Excel does not integrate with other business applications, which help make the business run.
- Another issue with excel is that it does not recognize double entries. Hence, it further makes trouble for its users.
Reasons for Betterment of Accounting Software than Excel
Specific reasons make accounting software better than excel.
Accounting software gives confidence to the user because its dashboard is quite easy to use. The individual will have a clear view of their financial status that makes it easier to make informed business decisions.
- There is a central place in accounting software for real-time financial data of the organization in the online cloud. All the lines of the bank statements are fed into the software automatically and rectify double-entered data and potential mistakes of the user.
- It turns longer waiting time for reports into shorter and provides most of the reports in just a few clicks. Additionally, it is quite easy to share and view budget and real-time reports. Similarly, many tasks, such as returning sales tax, could be accomplished in minutes.
- It creates information that investors can notify immediately. The small business of an individual will be well-equipped for the management of its finance accurately. This software is especially significant during tax hours when exchanging data with financial advisors or accountants. Information on business taxes is always up to date and ready to provide at any time.
- All the historical data that your investors might need will be at their fingertips. The appropriate control documents ensure that the data are not affected. Accounting software also records every transaction. This record includes sales contracts, payments to employees, and much more. A complete audit trail allows investors to understand the company’s effectiveness and meet the needs of tax authorities.
- Cloud-based software allows sync of financial data. Invoices, inventory management, and others would take time and avoid problems with a small business.
- It allows any member of the team to work from anywhere on its online data system. This software enables the user to share financial information with a financial advisor, account, and bookkeeping.
Accounting software makes the Business Grow
Although it is often difficult to change the way of doing business and accept the intervening changes; however, in such situations, the potential rewards are quite vast. Excel is not designed to replace accounting software. There is a particular drawback of the consistent use of excel that resolves by moving from Excel to accounting software. Therefore, it would be slightly better to move and make the business processes easier than going for a redundant option.About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual bookkeeping, providing service to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks™️ file, critical financial documents, and back-office tools in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of certified US-based accounting professionals provide bookkeeping, record storage, performance reporting, and controller services including training, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, process and controls advisement, and bill-pay. With flat-rate service plans, Complete Controller is the most cost-effective expert accounting solution for business, family-office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.