Accounting is key for small business owners; however, it can be overwhelming and stressful. The easiest way to manage business finances is to utilize the tools available in the market. Accounting software is available that helps you manage cash flow, generates invoices, has an audit-ready business, and makes preparations for tax time. These tools make handling your small business customers and expenses more efficiently.
QuickBooks is a bookkeeping and small business accounting tool used to handle accounting operations. QuickBooks is developed and marketed by Intuit. QuickBooks is used to:
- Generate invoices with the logo of your company and with all details required by your customers
- Process payrolls according to HR policies
- Manage all business transactions, including bills from suppliers and vendors
- Manage your inventory
- Track expenses
QuickBooks can be accessed from your laptop from anywhere you want. QuickBooks is used by small business owners to simplify accounting operations and manage finances in a short amount of time. It is affordable and easy to use software that can quickly be learned and used by small business owners with no financial background.
Freshbooks is a well-known software used by small business owners, freelancers, and entrepreneurial agencies to handle accounting processes. It is a user-friendly tool and is preferable for a service provider.
The following are the features of Freshbooks:
- Generating invoices
- Managing expenses
- Accepting payments from customers
- Generating automatic reminders for payments
- Managing clients of each project with pricing
- Stellar customer services
Xero is an excellent software with a wide range of small business accounting tools. It is a good choice for online product sales. Xero is used for:
- Paperless management of expenses
- Payment in 160 or more currencies with the ability to convert and update exchange rates automatically
- Generating invoices and quotations
- Tracking and managing inventory
- Generating purchase orders
- Automatic reconciliation of accounts
- A dashboard with bank balances, expenses, and invoices
- Customized reports required by the small business
- Monitoring cash flow in real-time
- Graphical presentation of data
- Data can be shared and accessible to accountant and others
- Generating customized notifications and reminders to customers
- Scheduling of Payments and returns
Zoho Books is a good choice for both a product seller and service provider because of having CRM and time-tracking features. Bookkeeping is also available in Zoho Books.
SimplyCost is an economical and straightforward Shopify app used to create profit reports. It tells you the actual profit you are gaining from the sale of a product. It also keeps track of the worth of inventory.
Profiteer is an app to track the cost of goods sold and variants. It can export a CSV report of the total value of inventory and profits. This app also caters to currency fluctuations, and an accurate report of profit is generated for a specific period.
GoDaddy is also economical and straightforward to use. Mobile access and time tracking are present. But the payroll option is missing. It estimates quarterly taxes. Live support is also present in this small business accounting tool.
Connector apps are used to connect and integrate accounting software. By integration apps, data can be transferred automatically from one application to another and other partners. This is a time saving and easy to use application and used to export all kinds of data related to tax matters, customers, and expenses on a single click.
These connector applications are for:
While purchasing accounting software, detailed homework of your business needs should be done. Invest wisely in buying a small business accounting tool according to the nature and volume of your business. The more specific business requirements also require efficient and effective accounting software to manage finances and bookkeeping in the business.About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual bookkeeping, providing service to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud platform where their QuickBooks™️ file, critical financial documents, and back-office tools are hosted in an efficient SSO environment. Complete Controller’s team of certified US-based accounting professionals provide bookkeeping, record storage, performance reporting, and controller services including training, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, process and controls advisement, and bill-pay. With flat-rate service plans, Complete Controller is the most cost-effective expert accounting solution for business, family-office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.