The following are the top facts and figures related to the cyber security industry over the previous year and demonstrate what’s to come in the following years.
Top 5 Cyber Security Facts and Figures 1. The expense is expected to hit $6 trillion a year by 2021. Everything starts and closes with digital wrongdoings. Without it, there’s nothing to protect in the digital world. Cyber security experts and significant media channels have widely agreed on the expectation that digital wrongdoing harms will cost people around the world an estimated amount of $6 trillion every year by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015. This speaks to the best exchange of monetary riches ever, dangers the motivators for development and speculation, and will be more productive than the worldwide exchange of all major unlawful medications joined.
2. Cyber security spending is to surpass $1 trillion from 2017 to 2021. The ever-rising tide of digital wrongdoing has pushed data security (a subsidiary of cyber security) spending to more than $86.4 billion in 2017, according to Gartner. That does exclude the internet of things (IoT), modern IoT, and mechanical control frameworks (ICS) security, car security, and other cyber security classifications. Worldwide spending on cyber security items and administrations are anticipated to surpass $1 trillion in more than five years, from 2017 to 2021.
3. Digital wrongdoing will dramatically multiply the number of unfilled cyber security employments, which is anticipated to reach 3.5 million by 2021. Each IT position is additionally a cyber security position now. Each IT employee and innovation specialist, should be included with securing and guarding applications, information, gadgets, framework and individuals. The cyber security workforce deficiency is surprisingly more terrible than what the employment numbers recommend. Therefore, cyber security unemployment rates have dropped to almost zero percent.
4. Human assault surface is expected to achieve around 6 billion individuals by 2022. As the world gets more and more advanced, people have pushed forward of machines as the best focus for digital crooks. There were 3.8 billion web clients in 2017 (51% of the total 7 billion population), up from 2 billion in 2015. Cyber security experts predict that there will be 6 billion web clients by 2022 (75% of the anticipated population of 8 billion) — and in excess of 7.5 billion web clients by 2030 (90% of the anticipated population of 8.5 million, 6 years old and more established). The programmers notice blood now, not silicon.
5. Worldwide ransomware harm costs are anticipated to surpass $5 billion. That is around $325 million more than 2015 — a 15X increment in two years and anticipated that would compound. Ransomware assaults on social insurance associations — the No. 1 digital assaulted industry — will fourfold by 2020. Cyber security experts expect ransomware harm expenses will ascend to $11.5 billion in 2019 and that a business will succumb to a ransomware assault at regular intervals at that point.
What does everything mean? In 2015, Ginni Rometty, IBM’s executive, President, and CEO, stated, “Digital wrongdoing is the best danger to each organization on the planet.”
Top 5 Cyber Security Statistics1. The damage costs of cyber crime are expected to reach an amount of almost $6 trillion on an annual basis by 2021.
2. Cyber security spending is expected to exceed an estimated amount of $1 trillion, starting from 2017 to 2021.
3. Unified jobs in the cyber security industry are expected to reach an extravagant number of 1.5 million by 2019.
4. Human attack surfaces are expected to reach 4 billion people by 2020.
5. Up to 200 billion IoT devices will require/need online protection by 2020.
About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual accounting, providing services to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks file and critical financial documents in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of US based accounting professionals are certified QuickBooksTMProAdvisor’s providing bookkeeping and controller services including training, full or partial-service bookkeeping, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, vendor and receivables management, process and controls advisement, and customized reporting. Offering flat rate pricing, Complete Controller is the most cost effective expert accounting solution for business, family office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.