Borrowing money is sometimes a necessity in a business and, often, business owners go into debt to boost their business into growth rapid. Instead of high and rapid growth in their business, the debt becomes a serious cause of cash flow and other funding problems in the business.
Small business owners should prepare and implement a step by step guide to ensure that they can get out of debt quickly.
GETTING OUT OF DEBT
- List All of Your Debts, Their Balances, and Interest Rates.
- After tracking down all of your debts, you will have a clear idea of how much is payable.
- Set Periodic Goals.
- Plan out your total debt. Then, know the dates of their payback schedule. Divide your debt into monthly savings in a separate account in your business. You will keep an amount of money every month on that account reserved for debt payments.
- Reduce expenses. The crucial step in getting out of debt is to minimize the expenses in the business.
- Make a priority list.
- Ensure your employees’ wholehearted participation.
- Strictly check accounting statements, especially the financial statements.
- If you are spending a huge amount on advertising your products, you simply cannot cut all of the advertising cost but you can find alternatives. Go for social media advertising and it will also aid in direct interaction with your potential clients.
- Do not mix your personal account with your business account. This is one of the biggest accounting mistakes small business owners make. You will not get the true picture of your business financial status.
- Keep a strong control on your business bookkeeping to avoid frauds.
- Cut short on unnecessary expenses.
- Manage business operations more effectively.
- Predict, analyze, and sort out business funding, cash flow, and other problems over time.
- Revise your budget.
- Keep the money for monthly payments of the debt. Do not use this money for any other purchase. Otherwise, the debt with interest will continue to pile up. Manage your inventory. Do not purchase extra stock.
- Sacrifice the fast track for slow growth.
- Many entrepreneurs want to grow their businesses by leaps and bounds with no time.
- Try not going into more debt for rapid growth in business until you have paid back all of the previous debt.
- Know the exact cost of the services you provide to your customers. Never compromise on price or the company will either dissolve or will go into increasing debt.
- Stay sharp on your business situation. Use accounting software to keep an up to date accounting system.
- Drop credit cards. Credit cards should be used minimally in small-sized businesses as the loans will pile up quickly.
- Think productively about producing more income.
- Debt counselors often suggest finding means to bring more money into your business to eradicate the debt-payment liabilities from your business once and forever. Find ways to increase your income.
- Liquidating high-value assets can be done as a last resort but, still, it provides an option for paying the debt on time. You can sell a valuable asset of your business which is not being used or is not a part of the capital investment.
- Work harder and work more. Create extra shifts and put in over time for getting out of debt. You can seek out options to work overtime for the time being while your company is in debt.
- Every time you achieve your goal, reward yourself. Keep achieving your goals until your company is debt free.
Getting out of debt is of huge importance. If not paid on time, the interest and debt will keep on increasing and debt will pile up before you know it. It can further force you to take on more debt for business operations. Sudden payments of any debt creates cash flow problems in your company. Instead, prepare and implement a guideline for you and your employees for getting out of debt fast.
About Complete Controller® – America’s Bookkeeping Experts Complete Controller is the Nation’s Leader in virtual accounting, providing services to businesses and households alike. Utilizing Complete Controller’s technology, clients gain access to a cloud-hosted desktop where their entire team and tax accountant may access the QuickBooks file and critical financial documents in an efficient and secure environment. Complete Controller’s team of US based accounting professionals are certified QuickBooksTMProAdvisor’s providing bookkeeping and controller services including training, full or partial-service bookkeeping, cash-flow management, budgeting and forecasting, vendor and receivables management, process and controls advisement, and customized reporting. Offering flat rate pricing, Complete Controller is the most cost effective expert accounting solution for business, family office, trusts, and households of any size or complexity.